PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 5 minutes
YIELD: 2 cups
These pickled red onions are Very Good on everything - grain bowls, tacos, sandwiches, or straight from the jar.
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 head garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a small pot over medium-high heat, combine apple cider vinegar, water, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil and stir until all sugar and salt are dissolved.
- In a heat-proof glass jar, add onions and garlic. Carefully, pour liquid over top of onions and garlic.
- Let the jar come to room temperature before securing the lid on the jar and refrigerating. Let sit overnight before eating to allow flavor to intensify. Keep pickles refrigerated for up to 1 month.