PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
YIELD: 2-4 servings
We love the holidays for one simple reason: Very Good food! There's always so much to go around, and no matter the size of our stretchy pants, leftovers are inevitable. But how can we repurpose what's left the into something fresh and exciting?
Introducing the Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Holiday Leftover Calzone! Fill this versatile pastry with Stuffed Beast, cranberry sauce, potatoes, roast veggies, and anything else that survives your holiday dinner. The possibilities are endless, and no two calzones will be the same.
Once the calzones are cooked, they can be frozen in a freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months. This year, the stretchy pants stay ON.
- ~600g premade pizza dough
- 4 cups+ of holiday dinner leftovers
- ⅓ cup cranberry sauce
- 3 tbsp pant-based butter
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped herbs OR 1 tsp dried herbs, like sage, rosemary, oregano, thyme
- Very Good Butcher Stuffed Beast OR Roast Beast
- Roast or Mashed Potatoes
- Dill Almond Green Beans or Maple Roasted Herbed Carrots
- Classic or Ranch Cheeseballs
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Chop ingredients into bite sized pieces.
- Split dough into two balls and using fingers, gently stretch dough to about 12in circles.
- On one half of each circle leaving a 1in edge, start adding your leftovers and cranberry sauce starting with any spreadable ingredients first.
- Gently fold the dough over the filling, crimping the edges together with your fingers. Place calzones on a sheet pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Once melted, turn off heat and add fresh herbs.
- Brush herb butter all over the tops of calzones.
- Bake calzones for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before cutting into slices.
Be sure to share your Choose Your Own Adventure Holiday Leftover Calzone with us using #TheVeryGoodButchers and tagging @theverygoodbutchers.
Shop all the plant based meat