Our meatball slider bake will have your taste buds kicking off. In a quick 30 minutes, you’ll have a delicious meal that you can serve up for your friends and family or keep the delicious dish all to yourself.
Fresh basil pairs nicely with garlic, Italian seasoning and vegan mozzarella cheese creates an unforgettable combination of flavour. Top it all off with our Mmm Meatballs to seal the deal. You won’t want this recipe to slide past you.
- 1 small jar of your favourite Italian tomato sauce
- 1 dozen slider buns or white dinner rolls (my tiny baking tray only fit 9)
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 slices vegan mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup vegan parmesan cheese
- 12 Butcher's Select Mmm Meatballs
- This recipe is so easy it’s almost more of a serving suggestion.
- Finely mince garlic and add to room temperature vegan butter, add ½ tsp of Italian seasoning and mix well
- Heat a skillet large enough for the meatballs to medium. Add a liberal amount of light cooking oil (I used sunflower). Cook for 8-10 minutes turning occasionally until well browned.
- Cut the buns in half and cover the bottom of your baking dish. Spoon on 2 tbsp of sauce onto each bun and place meatballs on top. Add 1 basil leaf. Cut each slice of mozzarella into 4 and place it on top of the basil.
- Put the lids for the buns on and brush with garlic butter. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until the mozzarella has melted.
Be sure to share your Mmm Meatball Slider Bake with us using #TheVeryGoodButchers and tagging @theverygoodbutchers.
Shop all the plant based meat