All-Purpose Greek Sauce (APGS) does not double but triple duty in these greek sausage wraps. First brush APGS on your sausages as you grill them up to perfection. Then lightly brush it on your pita to soak in the herbaceous flavour. Lastly, use the remaining sauce to toss your crunchy veg in. It’s the perfect sauce - full of garlic, lemon, lots of fresh herbs, with just a touch of sweetness.
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
YIELD: 4 servings
- 1 cup grated cucumber
- 1 cup plant-based sour cream or thick plain plant-based yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped OR 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 clove Garlic, minced or grated
1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
All-Purpose Greek Sauce:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped OR 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped OR 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped OR 0.5 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ maple syrup
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pkg Smokin' Bangers OR A Very British Banger, casing removed
- 4 Greek Pita (the kind without the pocket)
- Over the sink, squeeze excess liquid out of cucumber in a few batches.
- Combine cucumber and remaining tzatziki ingredients in a bowl and combine well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Set aside.
All-purpose Greek Sauce
- Combine all ingredients together. And set aside.
Greek Pita Wraps
- On a hot grill, grill sausage and baste with greek sauce while cooking being sure to reserve 2-3 tbsp of greek sauce for later. Grill until golden and crisp about 5-10 min
- Brush greek sauce on 1 side of pitas. And grill for 1-2 minutes or until soft and slightly crisp.
- Toss cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions in remaining sauce.
- Assemble wraps by placing lettuce on top of grilled pita, adding a sausage on top, then adding the cucumber mixture, and topping with tzatziki.
Tips: If raw red onions are too strong for you. Soak chopped red onions in an ice bath (ice + water) for 5-10 minutes. Drain and rinse. The harshness of the onion will mellow out.
Be sure to share your Grilled Greek Sausage Pita Wraps with us using #TheVeryGoodButchers and tagging @theverygoodbutchers.
Shop all the plant based meat