PREP TIME: 25 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
YIELD: 6-8 servings
Among the best party appetizers are 7 layer dips. Stripes of refried beans, guacamole, Taco Stuff’er, and our favorite toppings create a colorful addition to any appetizer spread.
As one might expect, the dip traditionally has 7 layers, but we're mixing things up by adding extra toppings like jalapeños and green onions. No rule says it can't be a 9 or 10 layer dip, after all.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 package Very Good Taco Stuff'er
- 1 (456g / 16 oz) can refried beans
- 2 tbsp Mexican chili powder or taco seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups guacamole
- 2 1/2 cups plant-based sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups plant-based shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced OR 2 cups Very Good Pico de Gallo
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- Tortilla chips, crackers or veggies for dipping
- In a medium sized pan over medium high heat, add oil and sauté Taco Stuff’er for 5-6 minutes or until brown and crisp. Set aside.
- Stir seasoning into refried beans.
- In a serving dish or multiple small jars, spread an even layer of refried bean mixture. Top with a layer of sour cream, then repeat with guacamole and cooked Taco Stuff’er.
- Next layer Pico de Gallo or tomatoes (or both!) before topping with cheese and olives.
- Chill 1 hour before serving with chips, crackers, and/or vegetables.
While most refried beans are made plant-based, some contain animal products like lard. Be sure to read the ingredient label.
Be sure to share your Taco Stuff'er 7 Layer Dip with us using #TheVeryGoodButchers and tagging @theverygoodbutchers.
Shop all the plant based meat