Sheet Pan Pasta may be the best reason to turn on your oven. And the star of the show is arguably the best vegetable* summer has to offer, tomatoes.
Let's get started. Toss a couple pints of your favourite small tomatoes with a few aromatics. Then add a package of Butcher Select Meatballs. Mix it up, and then throw it in the oven. In the meantime, cook your pasta and pick some fresh basil (if you have a herb garden, even better). When the tomatoes have roasted (bringing out their delicious flavour) and the meatballs are golden-brown, toss everything together, and guess what!? You are done. Plant-based sheet pan pasta is quicker than ordering your favourite takeout.
*Yes, we know tomatoes are fruit, but we do not put them in our fruit salads.
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 25 minutes
YIELD: 4-6 servings
- 2 pints (about 3 cups) cherry tomatoes
- 8-10 cloves garlic
- 3 shallots, sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1-3 rosemary sprigs or other fresh woody herbs
- 1 pkg Butcher Select Meatballs
- bunch fresh basil
- 1 pkg (453g / 16oz) radiatori or other medium sized pasta
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- On a sheet pan, combine all ingredients except basil and pasta. Toss well then bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil a large pot of well salted water. Once boiling, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Once tomatoes and meatballs are done. Combine pasta, with tomato and meatball, and fresh basil together in a bowl. Combine well and serve hot or cold.
Tip: Use a microplane to finely grate a brazil nut on top of plant-based pastas to replicate parmesan.
Be sure to share your Roasted Tomato & Meatball Sheet Pan Pasta with us using #TheVeryGoodButchers and tagging @theverygoodbutchers.