PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
YIELD: 2 servings
Nothing like a good “Choose Your Own Adventure” recipe for days when you just don’t know what to make. This vegan noodle soup recipe is the perfect baseline for all the supplies in the pantry and fridge, all with a Very Good spin. Goes great with our vegan potstickers recipe.
Choose Your Broth
- Instant Broth
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 inch garlic, peeled and julienned
- Vegetable Broth
Choose Your Veggies (choose 2 - 4 cups)
- cabbage, thinly sliced
- mushrooms, sauteed in a small amount of oil and garlic
- bok choy or gai lan, in bite size pieces
- broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
Choose Your Noodles (choose 1 noodle - 2 servings)
- rice noodles
- soba noodles
- vermicelli noodles
- noodle of Your Choice
Choose Your Meat (choose 1 package):
- Butcher's Select Mmm Meatballs or Spicy Meatballs
- Butcher's Select Bratwurst or Cajun Sausages, sliced
- Butcher's Select A Cut Above Pork or A Cut Above Beef
- Smokin’ Bangers or British Bangers, sliced
- Taco Stuff’er
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp black or toasted seeds
Choose Your Fixin’s (as desired)
- crispy shallots, onions, or garlic
- chili oil
- green onions
- fresh herbs (thai basil, cilantro, mint, ect)
- bean sprouts
- sesame seeds
- spicy peppers like thai red peppers or jalapenos, sliced
- In a medium pot over high heat, add your chosen broth ingredients to your pot and bring to a boil. Add chosen veggies and then once boiling, lower to a simmer.
- At the same time, bring a medium sized pot of well-salted water to a boil. Once boiling, cook noodles according to their instructions. Drain and rinse noodles. Toss noodles in a small amount of oil (we recommend sesame) and set aside.
- In a medium sized non-stick pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp oil and your chosen Very Good Butcher meat. Cook until golden brown, about 6-8 minutes, then add soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and sesame seeds. Stir until the sauce thickens. Take off heat and adjust seasoning as desired (we recommend adding something spicy!).
- Once veggies in broth are tender, taste broth and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Combine all components into 2 serving bowls and top with chosen fixin’s.
Be sure to share your Vegan "Choose Your Own Adventure" Noodle Soup with us using #TheVeryGoodButchers and tagging @theverygoodbutchers.