The Stuffed Beast* is a plant-based roast that will please everyone at your holiday table. It's savoury flavours mix and mingle with a mouthwatering stuffing that will leave you thinking "turkey who?"
So who gives a cluck about the turkey shortage? We have plenty of beasts and new ways to cook them up for your dinner this year!
*please note: the Stuffed Beast servers 6-8 with accompaniments.
- 1 The Very Good Butchers Stuffed Beast
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 cups chopped potatoes
- 3 cups chopped carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package puff pastry (400g)
- Generous pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place The Very Good Butchers Stuffed Beast in the middle of the prepared sheet pan. Cook according to package direction for 20 minutes.
- After cooking for 20 minutes, add potatoes and carrots to pan. Drizzle with oil, salt and pepper.
- Roll out the puff pastry dough until large enough to wrap The Very Good Butchers Stuffed Beast.
- Remove pan from oven and carefully transfer Stuffed Beast to the puff pastry. Wrap in puff pastry, sealing the seams. Using a sharp knife, create eight 1” slits in the top of the puff pastry.
- Place back on pan with veggies and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.
Be sure to share your Puff Pastry-Wrapped Stuffed Beast & Roasted Veggies with us using #TheVeryGoodButchers and tagging @theverygoodbutchers.